What is Rushden East?
Rushden East is a proposed new development on land to the east of the A6 bypass between the John Clarke Way and Newton Road Roundabouts. It is identified within the North Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy as a suitable site to meet the long-term housing and employment needs of the area.
The site is being promoted by Barratt Developments and Taylor Wimpey. It will comprise:
- Approximately 2,500 homes including Market and Affordable housing of different sizes (12, 3, 4 and 5-bed) and accommodation for older persons
- ·A mix of Employment opportunities
- Two new primary schools and a new secondary school.
- A new country park- style destination space, play areas and other green spaces.
- Land for a new cemetery and other local community facilities such as allotments.
- New links to connect with the wider Greenway network.
Further information is available on the North Northamptonshire website via the following link. These pages will be regularly updated: